Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fast Car: 5-8-12


Fast Car

Tracy Chapman




Pivotal Song Quote


Starting from Zero Got Nothing to Lose



Time In My Life


This was a random find. I was looking for Tracy Chapman's version of Give me One Reason when I stumbled across this. The opening melody hooked me from the get go and I love the lyrics. 

My Take:


Everyone has crosses they have to bear throughout their life. Unfortunately, some are larger and heavier than others but thats just the way it is. They are created through the poor decisions we make or the result of bad luck. The key to overcoming these challenges is accepting the weight, working through it and having someone to help share the load. 

~ Dr. Ivan

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved this song. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like this song, check out "Baby Can I Hold You" by her, same albulm. Sounds great blasting in the car, widows down heading down the road!

    ReplyDelete