Monday, May 7, 2012

Black: 5-7-12


Black 

Pearl Jam




Pivotal Song Quote



I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine



Time In My Life


This gem was my college romantic tragedy theme song. The part about the 'star in someone else's sky' always made me miss those stupid little things that we shared and only we could appreciate. 


My Take:


When you fall madly in love with someone you come to appreciate the silliest little quirks and ticks that make them, and in turn, your relationship one of a kind. When this bond is stripped from you, a piece of your essence is also stolen away leaving your world changed...altered...different. Knowing that someone else now gets to stake claim and enjoy the idiosyncrasies you once adored, is simply heart wrenching.   Take heart though, learning a new someone's quircks will be just as endearing, so embrace it. 


~ Dr. Ivan

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard Black in a very long time. Brings out feelings I have put away. I will allow myself some time to reflect on them today, then back they go. Life goes on and life is good.

    ReplyDelete